This privacy notice is issued by 21st Century Conservatories and Fascia’s limited (to be referred to as 21st Century Ltd, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’) and outlines how and why we may use any of your personal data. Please note that we respect your privacy rights and we will endeavour to manage and protect yo ur personal data whilst it is in our hands in accordance with the GDPR regulations and in accordance with this privacy notice.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is 21st Century Conservatories and Fascia’s limited. We can be contacted at the following address: Unit 1 The Wyndham Centre, Dairy Meadow Lane, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2TJ.
The definition of personal data is information that relates to an identifiable person for example a person’s name, location or contact details. Under GDPR all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed by a set of core principles. These are outlined below;
- Processing will be fair, lawful and transparent
- Data will be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Data collected will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- Data will be kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- Data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- Data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisational measures
- Compliance with relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information that you provide with your consent either by filling out the enquiry form on our website, by telephone conservation or in person. This information may include your name, contact number, address and email address.
- We may also ask you to complete a survey which we use for research purposes. You are under no obligation to respond to this survey.
- Photographs of your property which may be used for quotation purposes or building regulations etc.
- Bank details for payments of invoices and deposits where necessary.
Please note for the purpose of this privacy notice that we do not collect, hold or process special categories of data such as those relating to your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, political opinions, sexual orientation or biometric data.
How will we use your data?
We will use your data in the normal course of business to:
- Create and book appointments for quotes, site visits, and installation work.
- Send quotes / contracts via email or post.
- Take payments for deposits or invoices.
- Completion of contracts and uploading to Sage accounts for invoicing purposes.
- To Certass register a project if required.
- To arrange for third parties e.g. electricians, skip hire etc. to visit the property if required.
- Deal with any problems or complaints you may have.
How long will we keep your data?
- We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary. We will retain quotes for a maximum of 3 years. We will retain paperwork and guarantee certificates for 10 years in line with the guarantee time period.
- The data will be stored securely and efficiently and we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. After the maximum time period the documents will be safely destroyed. You are able to request we delete or destroy your personal data at any time.
- All of our employees are aware that personal identifying data should be kept in a locked filing cabinet, drawer or office. We initiate a clear desk policy and ensure computers and phones are suitably password protected. The information is only accessed by people who have a need and a right to access them. No files or written information will be left where they can be read by unauthorised people.
- All of our employees are to be trained suitably on GDPR and protecting personal data.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We will only disclose the required and necessary data to third parties. These may include electricians, suppliers, building regulations, Sage accounts, Certass, skip hire etc. We will not share any information which is not necessary to the third party. We will make every effort to ensure that the companies we share information with are GDPR compliant. We will not transfer your data to organisations located in countries outside of the United Kingdom.
The only exception being is if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations.
Your access rights
You are able to request details of all data we hold about you by submitting a subject access request to; Unit 1 The Wyndham Centre, Dairy Meadow Lane, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2TJ. In compliance with GDPR there will be no charge for this request and you will have the right to receive a reply to your request within 30 days.
Your rights of rectification, objection and erasure
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold on you:
- In the event that your data is incorrect you have the right for this to be rectified at any time.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your data
- You have the right for your data to be deleted from our databases and for paperwork containing your data to be destroyed at any time.
- You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
Should you have any complaints about how we have processed your data please contact us at Unit 1 The Wyndham Centre, Dairy Meadow Lane, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2TJ.
Changes to our privacy notice